A bunch of news tidbits have been piling up in our in-boxes recently, including these items:
• Earlier this month, Neenah Paper launched its second app for the iPhone and iTouch, an eco-calculator (previously available as a web tool and BlackBerry app). Type in the amount of paper you estimate for a project, and the Eco-Calculator tabulates the environmental impact of your paper choice, showing water, energy and wood conservation, among other info. Go to the iTunes Store and search for Neenah. Also from Neenah, the mill has created a virtual library of its swatchbooks.
• Marty Neumeier, brand consultant and author of “The Brand Gap” and “Zag” has merged his firm, Neutron, with Liquid Agency, a brand marketing firm with offices in San Jose, CA, and Portland, OR. More scoop on the merger here.
• Call for Entries: HOW’s Poster Design Awards and Logo Design Awards
are open for submissions until December 1. Don’t wait! Send your best
work to be judged by the esteemed Steve Hartman and Jeff Fisher,
respectively. Entering online is super easy.
• Parham Santana had a juicy job: updating the beloved Peanuts brand with a new identity and retail packaging.
• Perceptive Visions is a new boutique stock agency.