Listen and learn from lively conversations
about the business of creativity and creativity in business.
Episode # 5: Preston D. Lee on “How to Build a Creative Blog that Generates Revenue”
Can a designer really make money as a blogger? Preston D. Lee is doing it with Millo.co, (formerly Graphic Design Blender). In this episode of the HOW Design Live podcast, he tells Ilise Benun, founder of Marketing-Mentor.com and Partner for HOW Design Live’s new Design Entrepreneurship program, how he built a blog that started as a passion project and has grown into a content business with 25K subscribers, regular sponsors and paid products like ebooks and video courses. Preston generously shares tips for how to monetize a blog that generates revenue around your creativity, plus all his best resources and mentors.
About Preston D. Lee:
Preston’s Recommended Resources:
- Get a free download of Break Through: 5 Common excuses to starting a business & how to crush them.
- Darren Rowse, problogger.net
- Copyblogger’s ebook, How to Write Magnetic Headlines
- Jon Morrow’s free download, 52 Headline Hacks
- Pat Flynn of Smartpassiveincome.com publishes his monthly income report.
- John Lee Dumas of EntrepreneurOnFire also publishes his income reports.
- Fizzle, https://fizzle.co/ and the Fizzle Show – http://fizzle.co/show. Get their list of 25 Indie Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2015 for a feel for what’s possible and what people are selling
- The $100 Startup
You’re invited to join us in Atlanta May 19 – 23 with what is sure to be the most inspiring, informational, educational, and talked-about HOW Design Live yet. HOW offers BOTH the creative inspiration to rekindle your passion for your work PLUS the tactical, take-home information you need to achieve and advance in your career