Dream of working for yourself?
by Ilise Benun
I speak to a lot of in house designers with dreams of becoming self employed – one day.
If that’s you, check out the Creative Freelancer Blog, where there is a series of posts on making the transition from F/T to F/T freelancer. It covered these questions:
• How to Begin Getting Your Own Clients and Projects
• How to Balance Two Jobs
• When to Make the Leap
If this is something you’re considering, the timing is good. Here are a few steps you can take in that direction:
1. Read this series of blog posts.
2. Listen to this interview with F/T turned freelance designer, Heather Parlato
3. Read “The Freedoms of Freelancing” (send an email to me at email@example.com for a copy of this white paper)
4. Come to the Creative Freelancer Conference June 23-24, 2011 in Chicago (part of HOW Design Live)