HOW selects judges who have a level and area of expertise suitable for judging our competitions. Judges will review your projects (including your project description) with a keen eye in search of solid, compelling work that meets project objectives creatively and goes above and beyond in some way. Note that, as this is a design competition, a great idea on its own is typically not enough to be awarded. That idea must also be executed well in terms of the main tenets of design (typography, composition, hierarchy, etc.).
Learn about the judging process
International Design Awards
- Every eligible entry will be viewed by a judge. Judges’ decisions are final. Judges reserve the right to re-categorize entries.
- Entries must be submitted online (11:59 pm EST) by the final competition deadline.
- If the The Best of Show winner chooses the accept the HOW Design Live portion of their prize they must agree to attend the HOW Design Live conference dates in 2019.
- The following are not permitted to enter the contest: employees of F+W, a Content and eCommerce Company, and their immediate family members; HOW contributing editors and correspondents as listed on our masthead; and judges of this competition and members of their firm.
- Top Award Winners will be notified by December 31, 2018.