Here is the beginning of the resources referred to in the margin notes of the Creative Professional’s Guide to Money, by Ilise Benun.
- Page 15: Interview with Mikelann Valterra: What is the Money Fog? How to get out of it and what happens when you do.
Listen here: http://www.audioacrobat.com/play/Wh5fM3Rf
- Page 44: “Your hourly rate” calculation tools: Worksheet (printable) to figure out your hourly rate:
+ Online calculator: http://freelanceswitch.com/rates/
- Page 46: Value-based pricing
- Page 52: Pricing resources
- Page 101: Stop Pushing Me Around! by Ilise Benun
- Page 110: Interview with Mona Patel. When to talk price, how to push it to the end and what to say.
Listen here: http://www.audioacrobat.com/play/WRkV6jRf
- Page 124: Interview with Frank Marciano What makes a good negotiator?
Listen here: http://www.audioacrobat.com/play/W4Zh7rnL
- Page 155: Interview with Galia Gichon, author of My Money Matters Kit. Developing Good Money Habits, Taking Care of yourself financially.
Listen here: http://www.audioacrobat.com/play/WHsj380L
- Page 168: Hugh Chou link for savings calculator: http://www.hughchou.org/calc/
- Page 170: Resources for checking your credit score. One place to get all 3 that’s not a scam.
Top 3: http://www.experian.com/, http://www.transunion.com/, http://www.equifax.com
- Page 177: June Walker, The Confident Indie and 5 Easy Steps: http://www.junewalkeronline.com/Index.asp?PG=100
- Page 201: Interview with Maya. Rules for RFPs (8 minutes).
Listen here: http://www.audioacrobat.com/play/WHyWZ0Yf
- Page 207: Contract resources
Graphic Artist’s Guild Handbook of Pricing and Ethical Guidelines
Long Proposal: http://www.howdesign.com/article/proposal/
Web Site Questionnaire: http://katydwyerdesign.com/wp-content/themes/katydwyerdesign/pdf/KDD_WebsiteWorksheet_FORM.pdf