As designers, you know better than I that every little step counts in your design process. And daily creative workflow needs to do just that: flow.
Extensis recently launched a new font management product that promises to improve aspects of your daily workflow–like instant access to fonts, decreased application toggling and faster prototyping. Interested yet?
What Is Extensis Suitcase Fusion 5?
As creative professionals, it’s important to have professional-caliber tools at our disposal. Suitcase Fusion 5, the latest version of Extensis’ professional-grade font management system, ensures easy access and complete font integration into your creative process.
Top New Feature Highlights:
- Auto-activation plug-ins for Adobe® Creative Coud™
- QuickComp™ for faster font mockups
- Cleaner interface for easier navigation
- New information pane for personalized font classification
- Link to your Creative Cloud subscription and Behance account
Suitcase Fusion 5: “The Command Center for Fonts”
Chad Slater, Director of Extensis Engineering, describes how their latest feat in font management is suited for every designer: “Whether [you're] designing for print or the web, Suitcase Fusion 5 is the command center for fonts.”
If you’re one of the many new Adobe Creative Cloud subscribers, Suitcase Fusion 5 is CC-friendly. And you can use Fusion on more than one computer, just like CC.
- Full Adobe Creative Suite and CC Integration. Brand new auto-activation plug-ins for InDesign®, Photoshop®, Illustrator® and Incopy®.
- Activate Fonts Directly from CC and Creative Suite Apps! No more switching between applications. Font panels permit previews and activation of any font.
The Extensis panel is not only updated to work with Creative Cloud for comping, it also links to webfont services such as WebINK.
Quick Comp™ to the Rescue
Do you spend a lot of your time comping for internal and/or external clients? Or, maybe selecting typefaces that work well together has become a real time-suck?
Suitcase Fusion 5′s QuickComp™ tool allows you to quickly compare fonts side-by-side and make faster decisions. There’s no need to switch between apps and documents as you experiment with and pair typefaces. You can save QuickComp proofs as PDFs and print them with detailed font information. Mocking up happens in a matter of seconds!
- QuickMatch™ Find other library fonts with similar metrics to the font you’ve selected. Match your desktop font to a webfont easily and within seconds.
- User Feedback. The folks at Extensis are adding more templates to Suitcase Fusion 5 based on customer feedback. They want to hear from you with more comp previews to add to the mix. The templates will be added as part of a free future update; click here for more information.
- Web font Integration. Sync up to both WebINK and Google Web Font libraries to preview and prototype with thousands of webfonts (and the list keeps growing!).
My personal favorite: The specimen sheet shows you the layouts you’ve used and the actual comp preview!
Want to find out more? Get in on the action and register for the HOW DesignCast on Wednesday, August 21st. Font guru Jim Kidwell will present what’s new in Suitcase Fusion 5, and how it gives designers complete command of their font collection.
Extensis® is a leading developer of software and services for creative professionals and workgroups. Their solutions streamline workflows, securely manage digital assets and fonts, and control corporate typographic branding. Used by hundreds of Fortune 5000 companies, Extensis’ award-winning server, desktop, and web service products include: Portfolio Server® for digital asset management, Universal Type Server® for server-based font management, Suitcase Fusion™ for single-user font management, and the WebINK® web font rental service. Founded in 1993, Extensis is based in Portland, Oregon, and the United Kingdom. For additional information, visit www.extensis.com