Looking for a contract position in interactive design? The Honest Company, makers of eco-friendly products for baby, family and home, is seeking a web designer for its Santa Monica, CA, office. The gig is full-time contract (40 hours/week) with potential to become a salaried position. Click through to learn more and apply:
The Web Designer will be responsible for executing design work for the web. Projects will include: user-interface execution from wires and revisions, presentation design, website and on-going development, and online display advertising design. You will be working closely with a small team of passionate creatives to execute and deploy specific web based projects with the opportunity to work in other creative areas: printed collateral, product and packaging design, and all outward facing company deliverables.
- Execute front-end design concepts and implementation of features across The Honest Company’s website
- Provide conceptual, design, and copy direction as appropriate for web and marketing materials including, but not limited to, emails, banner advertising and other collateral
- Work closely with server-side engineering, back-end development and creative teams to build and code new features and enhancements across the site
- Maintain a consistent brand identity/experience across our network of partnerships, collateral materials, user control panels and display advertising
- 4-year degree (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of professional design and development experience
- Possess a solid understanding of front-end development and design aptitude
- Proven ability in developing sites with heavy front end user interaction
- Ability to make good, effective design decisions
- Solid understanding of browser-specific rendering, including email clients
- Familiarity with Facebook customization and integration desirable
- Experience working in an ecommerce environment a plus
- Online portfolio of high-quality interactive experiences (e-commerce sites and transactional landing pages a major plus).
- A self-directed person who knows what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus and discipline
- Strong organizational skills with extreme attention to detail
- Able to thrive in a high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable
- Strong team player who can build strong relationships within all levels of the organization
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity
Looking for a full-time contractor. Minimum 40 hours per week. Opportunity to become a salaried position.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career at the HOW Interactive Design Conference (Washington, DC, September 27–29 and San Francisco, October 29–31), including scoop on salary trends, new technologies and skills you need.