Looking for your first design job? W. W. Norton & Company is hiring an Assistant Digital Designer for the Digital Products Group. This entry-level position is all about designing, developing and managing digital products from concept to completion. If this is you, apply and get the design job details.
Candidates must be highly organized, motivated, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and enjoy the collaborative process. Must also be able to work independently and be somewhat self-directed.
Candidates must also submit a portfolio demonstrating strong digital design skills and a proficiency with web development platforms and technologies. Familiarity with other forms of digital content distribution such as video production, DVD authoring and application development is also preferred though not required.
• Proficiency with common digital design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, etc.
• A familiarity with common web development platforms—particularly ASP.NET and PHP—is preferred though not required, as is working knowledge of front-end technologies such as jQuery.
• Must be comfortable working in a hybrid Windows/Mac environment.
• Publishing experience a plus
• Mastery of email, calendar management, and file management tools.
• Data Management – Extracting data from internal web based information portals. Aggregating data from various sources. Information gathering and following up.
• Document management – Copying, printing, emailing.
Looking to make a move? Don’t forget that HOW has plenty of resources to help guide your search. Check back daily for new job leads and search HOW magazine’s design job database for the latest in design employment opportunities.
Want to make networking connections that could improve your career? The 2013 HOW Design Conference is just around the corner. Get connected and inspired by attending the dedicated Interactive Design track, specifically geared to help creative professionals transition from print to web design.