Looking for a design management job? Stanford Law School in California is looking for an associate director to lead the strategic design and maintenance of its website and manage a team of three. Click through to learn more and apply:
- Advance the online strategy (web, social media and mobile) to establish a compelling online experience
- Act as the change agent at the law school for adoption of social media, mobile and other new technologies and new ways of working.
- Lead/manage the internal web teams and clients, and oversee the development of the project plan, deliverables, and timelines.
- Oversee the work of the Communications and Social Media Specialist in executing the social media strategy (via SLSConnect, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.).
- Act as a liaison between internal clients, the IT department, and other clients/partners within the university to bring the best technology solutions.
- Manage all third party vendors/contractors/consultants hired to deliver web and other online services.
- Spearhead continued innovation of the law school’s websites and mobile initiatives. Spearhead the next phase of redesign (post-migration to Drupal).
- Design features and prototypes based on user requirements, usability standards, the brand platform, strategic business and marketing goals, and client requirements.
- Provide leadership in creating and managing brand and design standards and strategically oversee the integrity of the overall site experience, including high-level oversight the content / functionality lifecycle, and usability standards.
- This role necessitates strong collaboration / partnership with the law school’s CTO and other key members of the law school IT team.
- Champion the brand identity guidelines for SLS, explain and enforce policies and practices, and assist with strategic decisions about brand standards with internal clients and external vendors/suppliers for print and web.
- This role requires strategic thinking, innovative ideas, analytical / problem-solving skills, decision-making, sophisticated communication and team-building skills, design talent, a fundamental understanding of web and mobile technologies, and a strong comfort level with technical concepts.
- Direct experience managing a large-scale website redesign project and successfully moving an organization to adopt new technologies preferred.
- Strong leadership skills required, including maturity, humility, collaborative approach, greater-good focus, team player and contributor.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in the industry.
- Proven expertise at translating business, marketing, and technical requirements into a compelling user experience. Seasoned ability to manage client relationships and expectations.
- Brand identity system experience a plus. Print production management experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively present recommendations, concrete plans, and creative ideas to senior management and to clients. Ability to communicate effectively to a non-technical staff.
- Creative thinker and change agent.
- Robust understanding of web information architecture, user-centered interaction design, visual design systems, content lifecycles, and Web best practices.
- Experience as an information architect, interaction designer, and/or graphic user interface designer at a creative interactive / marketing agency a plus.
- Excellent project management fundamentals, including project planning and scheduling, risk management.
- This position requires flexibility in terms of availability outside normal business hours.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.