If you’re a user experience pro, consider this Boston design job. Jewelry company Gemvara is looking for a great UX designer to lead its user experience team. Click through to learn more and apply:
As the leader of the User Experience team you will own the strategy and execution of Gemvara’s User Experience Efforts. The right person understands how to balance convention with invention to drive aggressive and sensible changes to the web site experience. You will partner with our Engineering and Product teams to craft an experience worthy of discussion around the globe (earth it is). Do you want to create more loyal customers than any other jeweler?
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for all aspects of web site related Interaction Design
- Create interaction modeling and wireframing per specified projects/initiatives
- Own UX decisions; gathering inputs from Product Management, Technology, Business etc.
- Define and model user flows as appropriate per project
- Facilitate workshops as needed to solve identified UX design challenges
- Craft a vision for how brand attributes manifest themselves on the site from an Interaction Design POV
- Lead future usability testing efforts
- Institute sound Information Architecture practices
- Serve as a subject matter expert for special projects and participate in related cross-functional teams
- Provide ongoing feedback and direction on Visual Design layer of the experience
- Partner with CXO to always challenge the norm!
- Lightweight documentation as needed
- Talk to customers often!
- Strong Interaction Design Capabilities
- Expert in wireframing tools such as OmniGraffle, etc.
- 3+ Years doing hands on UX work for mass market e-commerce preferred
- Managed a team of at least 3 people
- Intimate knowledge and understanding of rapidly evolving social media mechanics
- Highly outgoing with excellent written, verbal & negotiation communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design or related discipline
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.