Looking for a web design job in the Silicon Valley? Platfora, a data-insights company, is hiring a director of user experience to help lead product development in its San Mateo, CA, office. Click through to learn more and apply:
• People Management: Manage and grow a world-class team of designers focused on visual & interaction design and information architecture. The Director is responsible for recruiting and retaining designers, performance and career management, and mentoring junior members of the team.
• UX Design Leadership: This role includes hands-on UX design. The Director is a player-coach, owning projects on their own, reviewing team designs, but also allowing for senior individual contributors to thrive and grow on the team.
• Product Planning: UX Design at Platfora works in conjunction with Product Management and Engineering to deliver a our products to customers. The Director is responsible to manage design resources to deliver on goals, plan work with peers, etc.
• UX and User Advocate: Although Design is the first value of Platfora, the Director will embody this value for the company. They will advocate user concerns, leverage research methodologies to identify our users, understand them, and build products that meet their needs.
Skills and Background
• Experienced: 9+ years experience in UX design, several years leading UX and design teams, including at least two years managing people
• Creative: proven experience developing creative design solutions to user problems; ability to evoke respect amongst team of creatives
• Leadership: a history of success working across organizational boundaries
• Technical Savvy: Solid understanding of interactive web technologies and industry trends and experience designing applications leveraging these trends; must quickly get up to speed and learn a new industry and develop a deep understanding of the market, our solutions and our competition
• Communication: As a cross-functional leader you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convince audiences of your ideas
•Analytical: Able to understand data, patterns and trends. Our business is about data; you must live by it.
• High Energy: Constant contribution and iterative delivery is how we work here. You should feel at home in that environment.
• Detail Oriented: You are the backstop.
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Want to develop your web design career? Get the information and inspiration you need at the 2013 HOW Design Conference, where a dedicated Interactive Design track will help you transition from print to web design.