Looking for a design job in e-commerce for a major retailer? Sam’s Club is hiring a senior art director for e-commerce in its Bentonville, AR, headquarters. Click through to learn more and apply:
What if you could work for a different kind of retailer?
Working at Sam’s Club eCommerce means working behind the scenes of a unique, forward-thinking company unlike most retail operations. Our membership-based club format makes us a preferred shopping destination for millions of households and small businesses looking for incredible choices, simple solutions and exclusive savings. And our high-performing, nimble teams are expected to deliver.
- Ensures department financials are met by managing the design budget, determining return-on-investment (ROI) expectations for design strategies and measuring results to determine if ROI and company expectations were met
- Assists in the development of visual design strategy by participating cross-functionally in cross-divisional strategy planning, leading the development of visual design creative initiatives, managing micro sites and online marketing touch points and ensuring visual design strategy is consistent with overall eCommerce strategy
- Provides leadership and direction to team of visual designers by ensuring execution of Sam’s Club eCommerce and marketing strategic directions, establishing key performance indicators (KPIs) and providing training and development to ensure effectiveness of visual design team
- Ensures ongoing effectiveness of visual design team to promote online brand strategy by analyzing and interpreting data to determine member shopping needs and improvement opportunities
- Ensures Sam’s Club marketing strategies represent best-in-class execution by evaluating industry trends, monitoring industry leading eCommerce web sites for new designs and communicating best practices to internal teams and leadership to ensure their implementation
- Manages and maintains multiple agency relationships and performance by working with agencies to develop key initiatives, communicating and ensuring brand standards are maintained and aligning digital design strategy with overall brand strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field and 4 years’ experience in Digital Design or related field OR
- 6 years’ experience in Digital Design or related field
- 1 year of supervisory experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 5 years of digital experience
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- 5 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite and CS
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career at the HOW Interactive Design Conference (San Francisco, October 29–31), including a session on designing for e-commerce presented by Paul Boag.