Looking for a web design job in the Boston area? Savant, an “innovator in the mobile and intelligent media industry specializing mobile and software applications for media and environmental automation,” is hiring an experience designer in Boston/Hyannis, MA. Click through to learn more and apply:
At Savant, Experience Designers help to transform business requirements into products that meaningfully engage users in their personal and work environments. The Experience Designer is also keenly in tune with a working design process and is able to estimate a project’s projected success based on established milestones.
The Experience Designer is responsible for the development and delivery of business requirements, audience and competitive analysis, information architecture strategies, interaction models and other documentation. S/he provides insight into contemporary design methodologies and usability standards. S/he will also contribute to the development of detailed documentation that defines the engagement between users and the spaces they occupy and control.
• Bachelors degree required
• Experience managing project
• Understanding of creative processes as well as technical development/deployment processes.
• Ability to keep composure in high stress situations
• Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to influence others in these areas
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team
• Possess a passion for all interactive surfaces; websites, smart phones, tablet PCs, touch-screen monitors, kiosks, game consoles, and interactive TV
• Is truly excited and inspired by all things digital
• Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts
• Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Axure, Visio, InDesign, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, etc.
• Familiarity with usability heuristics and other relevant literature relating to interaction design and user experience
• Sense of humor and positive, flexible attitude
• Open to feedback and understanding of how and when to defend design choices
• Takes risks in design that lead to a perfect balance of innovation and usability
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Want to develop your web design career? Get the information and inspiration you need at the 2013 HOW Design Conference, where a dedicated Interactive Design track will help you transition from print to web design.