Looking for a web design job in New York City? Digital product design firm Moment is seeking a front-end developer to support its design and user experience teams. Click through to learn more and apply:
The ideal candidate is capable of producing excellent, production-ready code, and is excited at having the chance to share his/her development knowledge with our design teams and clients. Our teams will rely on the developer to make meaningful contributions at all stages of the design process, including concept development, prototyping, client presentations, and production. The developer will help to push our design teams to create and refine user experiences. He/she must have the confidence to present his/her knowledge and the communication skills to do so effectively.
• Produce front-end code (CSS/JS/HTML) for prototyping, presentation and production
• Work with client product and development teams to define project technical requirements
• Communicate requirements to Moment design teams and support the design process with code
• 3+ years of front-end development experience. Excellent HTML5/CSS skills. Deep practical knowledge in using JS for everything from event handling to DOM manipulation.
• Experience in developing front-end code for mobile and desktop browsers, and a good understanding of the challenges of producing a satisfying user experience across those different contexts.
• Experience in working collaboratively with designers
• Comfort with Adobe CS applications, particularly Illustrator and InDesign
• Passion for learning about latest trends in front-end development, and an interest in communicating the benefits and drawbacks of the newest tech to our team
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Get job search-ready by updating your digital design portfolio with info and inspiration from HOW’s Creating Your Digital Portfolio Toolkit.