Looking for a web design job in Toronto? TraffikGroup, an integrated advertising agency, is looking for an interactive art director for its office in Toronto’s Little Italy. Click through to learn more and apply:
TRAFFIKGROUP is a young, energetic integrated advertising agency located downtown Toronto in the heart of Little Italy. We are dedicated to developing complete marketing strategies for our growing roster of exciting clients including Microsoft Canada, Bailey’s, Ocean Spray, Xbox and GE, based on the singular focus that great ideas create solutions to problems.
We are committed to rethinking and redefining business problems with the power of ideas. Innovation, design and execution are the tools we use to develop solutions that activate people to buy, try, connect and experience our clients’ products and services.
We create ideas—ideas that solve problems. It’s simple.
The Senior Interactive Art Director is an integral role within our TraffikGroup Digital Creative team. The individual is responsible for creating, and delivering the visualization process, from collaborative conceptualization through final product. Maintaining and setting the quality bar for the creative product of the company at a level that is amongst the top tier within the industry. This individual is seen as a leader in their team, with the ability and desire to coach and mentor junior team members.
- Graphic design and brand development, from brief to concept
- Ability to hand sketch, render ideas in a prototype scenario for internal idea development sessions
- Collaboratively build and develop strategic solutions with the Creative Director and internal teams
- Collaborating with Creative Director, Senior Developer, Copywriter and Project Director to assemble a quality art team
- Delivering successful projects on time and to client and agency expectations
- Tracking and approving completed art files with the development team
- Collaborating with programmers to brainstorm technical ideas and solutions
- Collaborating the art production pipeline and enforcing the process throughout the project cycle
- Working with Creative Director and Senior Art Directors to adjust project goals and design revisions on the fly as necessary to adapt to changing situations to meet established schedules
- Identifying potential problems in the creative pipeline and working with the Creative Director and Senior Art Director to prevent them
- Assisting with interviews for new creative and production staff
- Supporting the Creative Director to keep studio executive staff, studio manager and/or account staff up to speed on product status and vision through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials (e.g., milestone updates, demos, etc)
- Mentoring and serving as a technical and creative resource for the team, assisting in the resolution of complex problems, and helping them grow in their roles
- Continually updating presentation and technical software skills
- Staying abreast of current digital trends to aid in the development of cutting edge marketing, design concepts
- Additional duties as required
- 6-9 years experience in a similar design role in an agency environment
- University or college diploma in digital arts program
- An expert in Adobe Creative Suite CS5+
- Working knowledge and understanding of Video and Broadcast, Digital/Flash development, HTML 5 is a strong plus
- Thorough knowledge of industry leading developments in Integrated-marketing programs with a digital/interactive focus
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career at the HOW Interactive Design Conference (Washington, DC, September 27–29 and San Francisco, October 29–31), including scoop on salary trends, new technologies and skills you need.