Looking for a web design job in Los Angeles? Watson Design Group, a digital agency, is hiring an interactive designer for its LA team. Click through to learn more and apply:
We are looking for someone that wants to be involved in the entire process from conception to completion, working independently, as well as collaboratively, with the Creative Director, production team and producers on a variety of projects.
In a nutshell: A talented and self-motivated creative mind who pushes the visual and technological boundaries of online experiences.
Responsibilities will include developing and executing concepts, providing initial designs, refining directions and working with developers through final delivery of a project. You have a strong understanding of intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interface, motion design, navigation, and are not afraid of experimental concepts. Experience in the entertainment industry is essential and you should be enthusiastic and immersed in pop culture: movies, mobile technology, games, social apps, comic books, art, music and the like .
We are a small collective, meaning everyone’s input is valuable and essential to our creative process, with room to grow. No egos please.
- 4+ years of interactive design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- STRONG Photoshop image creation and manipulation
- Solid understanding of UI Design
- Possess a compelling online portfolio
- Good aesthetic sense, typography sense and motion design ability
- Drawing/illustration skills
- Time management: ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Ability to communicate visual designs and interactive concepts
- Implement web standards and best practices
- Comfortable with managing a small team
- Understanding Actionscript, CSS, and HTML
- Experience with online media, social networks, rich media and digital trends
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics.
Learn web design from the expert instructors at HOW University. See our rotating schedule of web design training courses, including hands-on training in coding for web designers, designing WordPress websites, information architecture and more.