Looking for an interactive design job in the Bay Area? Circa, a mobile news application developer, is seeking an experienced user interface designer to focus on mobile Android development in its San Francisco office. Click through to learn more and apply:
Circa’s Android Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing and creating intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent mobile experiences on Android devices.
- You will design, create and improve Android interfaces and user experiences.
- You will work alongside our current UI designer and our Android Engineer to identify and establish a unique design language and develop a mobile experience that is consistent with our iOS app, while also respecting Android design conventions.
- You will need to be aware of prevalent and important Android screen sizes and other constraints, in order to ensure our product design translates sufficiently across a majority of them
- Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience
- Experience having designed at least one app deployed in the Google Play Store.
- A solid portfolio of your work in an easily-viewable digital form or viewable online
- Strong knowledge in tools Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, and Illustrator.
- Experience designing custom views, animations, and transitions.
- Strong visual and experience design sensibilities.
- Have an eye for pixel-perfect perfection.
- Experience designing for other mediums such a web, print, and iconography.
- You’re passionate about news and new media.
- You have a degree in visual arts.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics.