Looking for a startup design job in New York City? Perka, an app for coffee shop loyalty programs, is looking for a full-time print/web designer. Click through to learn more and apply:
An established, funded NYC-based tech startup looking to add a multitalented Junior-to-Intermediate level Designer (2-4 years experience) who can work with our design and marketing teams on a variety of print and web projects.
- A Collaborator. You’ve worked professionally in teams with developers and other designers, and you’re open to everyone’s input.
- A Self-Starter. As a startup, we move fast and light. You should be able to take a ball and run with it, to find the problem inside the problem and solve it, and do it in less time than you thought it would take.
- A Visual Thinker. You understand how to employ form in the service of function, and it shows in your work. You have a strong and sophisticated grasp of typography, ideally come by as part of a design BA/BFA. You pay attention to the details.
- Flexible. Your responsibilities will be varied, and you’ll need to be organized and able to switch gears quickly. One day you might be redesigning a web form, another reworking print signage, another drawing a unicorn icon.
- Skilled. You’re a whiz at Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, with at least a working knowledge of CSS and HTML. You’re well-versed in current best practices in interaction design, web design, and usability. You have at least some experience with print design and pre-press production.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.