Looking for a web design job with a technology start-up? Meetup, the online social media tool that enables people to meet in the real-world, is hiring a product designer to help build its design team in New York City. Click through to learn more and apply:
- You’ll evolve rough ideas into touchable, testable prototypes — mapping out experiences, designing and prototyping HTML interfaces, and iterating, iterating, iterating (we run about 10 usability tests each week in our in-house lab).
- You’ll help build out our live style guide, creating new reusable interface elements and refining existing ones.
- You’ll work closely with other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- You’ll explore, experiment, and help shape the future of Meetup.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re a generalist-specialist. Interaction design, visual design, HTML/CSS prototyping, design methods. You’re good at all of these and excellent at at least one of them.
- You’ve have experience designing projects that span web, mobile, and email.
- You have an online portfolio of projects (some of which were self-started) that will knock our socks off.
- You’re quick.
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
— MEGAN: ROTATE THROUGH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING 3 ITEMS —
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics.