Looking for a web design job in metro Washington, DC? Design for Context, LLC is a Washington, DC-based consultancy specializing in usable design for rich information environments and enterprise-level applications. They’re hiring a search user interface designer for their team in Columbia, MD. Click through to learn more and apply:
Design for Context, an innovative consulting firm specializing in usable design for rich information environments, is seeking an experienced search interaction designer / IA to support large-scale search application design. We’re helping our clients re-think the way knowledge workers interact with large amounts of information – our search projects provide flexible, clear UIs interacting with millions of content/data items.
What will you do?
– Collaborate with users, SMEs, developers, architects and our design team for innovative designs
– Explore and articulate mental models of information seekers
– Analyze structured and unstructured content to interpret search engine behaviors
– Experience: 7+ years in interaction design or information architecture
– Education: Ideally MA/MS in appropriate related fields
– Relevance: Focus on search interfaces for rich content and knowledge-intensive environments
– Grounding: Experience working as the lead designer from concept to completion on high volume, web-based transactional applications, rich internet applications and software applications
– Empathy: Strong skills in user-centered design and facilitating user conversations/feedback
– Creativity: Ability to explore and solve complex information seeking/analysis, user experience and interaction design problems
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics.