Looking for a web design job in San Francisco? Xoom, a financial services company that enables on- and offline money transfers, is hiring a senior-level mobile visual designer. Click through to learn more and apply:
As our Senior Mobile Visual Designer, you will be a key player in ensuring that the Xoom experience is efficient, engaging and intuitive on all mobile screens. You will help bring the Xoom experience to life on mobile screens.
• Create visual designs for mobile site and mobile app with delightful visuals, typography, and graphics
• Promptly articulate multiple concepts, create prototypes and test design concepts
• Clearly communicate design tradeoffs and benefits
• Design GUIs, set standards and maintain Xoom style guide
• Document specifications to guide development
• Balance visual design, business needs and time-to-market
• Work with the product team to ensure one Xoom across multiple platforms
• Keep abreast with design trends and conduct visual design competitive analysis as needed
• 2+ years of senior-level experience designing for mobile screens
• Expert knowledge of typography, color, and composition
• Experience in rapid and iterative design and development processes
• Familiar with user experience, information architecture, web/software product development in the mobile space
• Knowledge of major multimedia, design, and operating system software, especially Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of best practices of all major best of breed mobile interfaces
• Ability to adapt design principles to continuously evolving technology
• A strong design portfolio, showing great sense of design and creativity to meet user needs
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Want to develop your web design career? Get the information and inspiration you need at the 2013 HOW Design Conference, where a dedicated Interactive Design track will help you transition from print to web design.