Looking for a web design job with a startup company? AFAR media, a new (and funded) startup company that’s a hybrid online travel service and travel magazine, is looking for a senior designer in its San Francisco office. Click through to learn more and apply:
As a Senior UI/Visual designer at AFAR, you will be responsible for balancing usability with desirability–using color, style, type, icons, information design, and visual hierarchy to clarify data, indicate relationships, hint at behavior, and communicate about our brand. In collaboration with other designers, product managers, engineers, and other team members, you will:
- Conduct research that gives insight into our brand.
- Create a visual language strategy that achieves brand and user goals.
- Create design mockups for website and mobile applications based on wireframes
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, user experience designers, and engineers for product ideation and execution
- Present visual design work and rationale – your work should be based on the brand and persona goals rather than personal opinion.
What it takes to be a designer at AFAR:
- We’re looking for candidates with 3+ years doing visual design for digital products. You’re a smart, collaborative, pragmatic consultant who’s all about solving visual design problems. You also:
- Have superb information and graphic design skills (and a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a closely related field).
- Understand interface and interaction design principles as they relate to web sites and mobile apps.
- Understand branding as it relates to user experience.
- Communicate clearly about design, from delivering persuasive presentations to writing detailed style guides.
- Have a sharp wit and a manner that inspires trust and confidence.
- Consistently deliver brilliant design on a deadline.
- Can crank out multiple unique stylistic approaches to a problem.
- Have a desire to keep learning through out your career.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of common GUI technologies.
- Are a master of common graphic design and Web design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics. Coming up on December 6: 7 Basic Web Design Components That Are Often Overlooked.