Looking for a web design job in New York City? Creative agency mcgarrybowen is hiring a user experience designer to join its team in NYC. Click through to learn more and apply:
mcgarrybowen is seeking a Senior UXD who is passionate about finding innovative solutions to complex problems and driven to craft experiences that users will fall in love with. The ideal candidate will enjoy defining end-to-end user experiences that include mobile apps, digital services, and marketing initiatives.
As an integral member of the team, you’ll be able to flex your creative muscles as you collaborate closely with visual designers, copywriters, producers and technologists as well as our clients. We love individuals who ask a lot of smart questions, are always sketching out new ideas, and who get bored when they don’t have a meaty challenge in front of them.
Responsibilities and experience
– Designing innovative consumer experiences that ‘move the needle’
– Guiding the team in making key project decisions at both the macro and micro levels
– Advocating for the user and making this practice contagious
– Uncovering insights based on consumer behavior
– Spotting emerging trends in the digital space
– Using your entrepreneurial spirit to identify new business opportunities for clients
– Marrying consumer needs with business objectives
– Designing for a variety of contexts (e.g., mobile, tablet, desktop)
– Clearly communicating complex ideas to a broad audience (which may include those unfamiliar with general UX principles)
– Creating rock-solid deliverables including wireframes, competitive assessments, flows, feature lists, and functional specifications
– 3 or more years (5+ preferred) of professional experience in UX or Interaction Design
– Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design principles
– Thorough understanding of digital trends and best practices (i.e., RWD, native app design, social design)
– Mastery of UX tools such as Adobe InDesign and/or OmniGraffle
– Portfolio or work samples required
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Learn web design from the expert instructors at HOW University. See our rotating schedule of web design training courses, including hands-on training in coding for web designers, designing WordPress websites, information architecture and more.