Looking for a web design job with one of the biggest online retailers? The eBay Design Systems Group is hiring a senior-level visual designer to help shape customers’ shopping experience. Click through to learn more and apply:
You will help envision, design and build the experience, design guideline and strategies across eBay Inc. This is an opportunity to help shape the way that millions of people shop around the world.
The Design Systems Group partners with our design community, product managers, user researchers, and engineers to build and evolve a robust design-standards library for all of eBay. Our work not only enables efficiency within our organization, but also ensures a consistently delightful experience for our global marketplace users. As a member of this team you will have an opportunity to work on the full spectrum of design needs. You will dive into customer data driven design solutions, work in design strategy, have the opportunity to influence design for ebay.com.
- Develop core design patterns for consumer website
- Document basic pattern specifications, applications, baseline appearance & behavior, and variations
- Present pattern proposals to design committee, and revise based on feedback
- Add patterns to pattern library system
- Broker agreements among multiple projects using the same patterns
- Develop more complex design patterns for large-scale design strategy
- Comprehensive patterns and frameworks for common items such as layouts, navigation, messaging, and controls
- Conduct research as needed to ensure confidence in the patterns
- Present pattern proposals to approval committee, and revise based on feedback
- Write up pattern documentation and rationalization
- Assist with design pattern adoption among other designers
- Work with project designers to incorporate patterns
- Help field questions from designers regarding patterns
- Actively seek new patterns in projects under development
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Get job search-ready by updating your digital design portfolio with info and inspiration from HOW’s Creating Your Digital Portfolio Toolkit. Introductory price is $159 only through February 25.