Interested in teaching the next generation of interactive and web designers? Shoreline Community College in Seattle is seeking candidates for Digital Media Instructor in its Creative Arts Center. Click through to learn more and apply:
The successful candidate will be expected to teach multiple levels of Motion Media Design and Production (Video, Animation, and Multimedia), and to assist in developing and maintaining all facets of the curriculum in an integrated course structure in an evolving Visual Arts program. Activities include course design and development, portfolio assessment/
coordination, work with industry liaisons and mentors, face-to-face and online instruction and leadership within the department. Other professional responsibilities include advising students and participating in department/division and campus related professional activities and college governance.
In addition to Motion Media, teaching assignments may include the following areas; 3D Animation and Visual Effects, Video Composting, Digital Photography, Sequential Art, Digital Storyboarding, Interactive Digital Simulation, and closely related curricula as they may develop. Program development may also include interdepartmental collaboration between the Visual Arts, Music Technology, and Drama/Film departments, within the Humanities Division. A portion of the teaching assignments may be in the evening and/or online programs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media OR related field
- Two (2) years experience working in Motion Media (Video production, animation, and Multimedia)
- Successful teaching/training experience with adult learners in one or more program areas listed above
- Vocational certification by the State of Washington OR ability to obtain upon offer of employment
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Five (5) or more years experience working in Motion Media (video production, animation, and multimedia)
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Learn web design from the expert instructors at HOW University. See our rotating schedule of web design training courses, including hands-on training in coding for web designers, designing WordPress websites, information architecture and more.