Looking for an interactive design job in the Washington, DC, metro area? Purple Strategies, a PR and advertising agency in Alexandria, VA, is hiring a senior interactive designer. Click through to learn more and apply:
This position is responsible for designing beautiful, engaging digital creative across a variety of interactive platforms. Executions will range from simple microsites to fully realized online communities; from standard display ads to rich media units; from data visualization to logo development. This position will report to the firm’s Digital Director, but work daily with creative directors, art directors, other graphic designers, account executives, online strategists, and ad planning professionals.
Candidates should thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-paced agency setting that prioritizes creativity; internal and client-facing communications skills; a healthy balance between initiative and teamwork; the ability to prioritize multiple projects against tight deadlines; and an attention to detail. The ideal candidate is both a visual problem solver and storyteller, with a curiosity for technology that allows for forward-thinking interactive concepts.
· Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
· Familiarity with if not expertise in ActionScript 2.0/3.0 scripting and programming
· Familiarity with HTML/CSS and experience working with software developers to ensure creative priorities are maintained in final work product
· Bachelor of Fine Arts in interactive design or related discipline
· At least six years of full-time experience in an agency setting or in-house at a major brand
· Impressive portfolio of interactive design work
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics.