Looking for a web design job in California? Goodreads, the social platform for sharing book recommendations, is looking for a User Experience Designer in its San Francisco office. Click through to learn more and apply:
Goodreads is growing fast, and we’re building new products and features every day that affect millions of people. You’ll be responsible for translating product requirements into clean user experience designs and front-end specifications. Design is about solving problems, so creativity and strong communication and collaboration skills are a must. A passion for reading and an entrepreneurial spirit are a big plus.
- Work with product managers, engineers and other designers to set requirements for the Goodreads user experience
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and front-end specifications
- Develop and maintain design pattern libraries and style guides
- Visualize design problems and data sets in ways that are easy for other team members to comprehend
- Evangelize for usability, design and innovation within the organization
- Stay current on emerging technologies and identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- BA or advanced design degree and demonstrated experience in user experience design or visual design
- A solid understanding of the design process
- Familiarity with software development process and lifecycles
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Are you on the West Coast or in the Bay Area? Don’t miss the HOW Interactive Design Conference in San Francisco, October 29–31, where you’ll learn from the experts and build the web design skills you need to advance your career.