Looking for a web design job in Silicon Valley? Tynker, a platform that teaches kids how to design and develop interactive projects, is hiring a user experience designer to help develop the product. Click through to learn more and apply:
The ideal candidate has excellent visual design skills and is capable of breathtaking designs that include concept, theme, color, typography and style for the Internet and mobile platforms. Even more important, our ux designer needs to be able to make these designs a reality and bring them to life through creating and owning the code behind the designs. You will work closely with the executive team, interaction designers, and customers to iterate with an agile developer team to define the user experience and iterate on new and improved features. Success will be measured by your ability to create delightful experiences that engage our primary audience – kids!
- At least 3 years experience as a front end coder / prototyper and visual ux designer
- BA, BFA or higher degree in HCI, computer science, design or related studies
- Front-end development skills and a command of interactive web technologies (HTML/CSS, Java Script, Flash, Flex, Ajax) and industry trends and experience designing applications leveraging these trends
- Need to stand out as an exceptional visual thinker with a great sense of aesthetics and a deep understanding of composition, grid, typography, and high fidelity creations
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling user interfaces with a fluency in current design practices and expertise with tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop
- Comfort/ passion for working through complex information architectures and abstracting into a powerful UI and obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail
- Able to work under pressure in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Ability to negotiate and articulate the “why”; of design decisions. You’ll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward criticism.
- Strong portfolio with examples of of unique and original designs for web and mobile platforms and the coding of the designs is a must
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Stuck in a career rut? Looking to shift from print to web design? Needing a big dose of creative inspiration? 6 Ways Designers Can Avoid Burnout and Embrace Change on March 27 with Melissa Morris Ivone.