Looking for a web design job in Boston? WorldOne Interactive, which offers healthcare industry clients access to medical professionals in 80+ countries through market research, digital and social services, is looking for a UI designer. Click through to learn more and apply:
We are looking for a top-notch UI designer to join our product development and marketing teams. You’ll need passion for social media and for creating simple, intuitive interfaces coupled with real world expertise designing web and mobile applications that employ UI and design best practices.
Join our team, and you will be a key resource for all aspects of UI and Visual Design at WorldOne Interactive. As a shared resource between our marketing and engineering teams, you will get to work on everything from our public web site to our web and mobile apps that are accessible exclusively to our physician-only community.
- Work closely with Product Owners to define and execute product design solutions across web, mobile, and tablet platforms
- Work closely with front-end developers to jointly implement the vision and information design objectives via graphical user interfaces and information architecture
- Work closely with developers to ensure proposed designs are well supported by technology and are cost effective to implement
- Create and refine visual designs, interaction designs and iconography as well as site architecture, wireframes and task flows
- Deliver both screen concepts and production-ready visual design assets
- Apply consistent typography, color, and other graphic elements appropriately to create visual solutions that meet business and user needs
- Own and maintain our style guides in order to maximize efficiency and flexibility of the products over time
- Work as an integral member of our cross-functional scrum teams within our agile software development methodology
- 4+ years hands-on experience in User Interface and User Experience Design, Information Architecture, Web Design, Graphic Design, or related fields. Usability experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of user interface design best practices across web, mobile, and tablet platforms
- Ability to communicate visual design recommendations to both peers and company leaders
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to multi-task with careful attention to detail
- Able to think strategically about gradual enhancements to the product UI
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- Fluent in Adobe applications including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Fluent in at least one wireframe application such as Omnigraffle or Balsamiq
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong conceptual understanding of current online technologies and the principles of web application design, HTML, and scalable dynamic GUIs. Technical understanding a plus.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career at the HOW Interactive Design Conference (Washington, DC, September 27–29 and San Francisco, October 29–31), including scoop on salary trends, new technologies and skills you need.