Looking for a Toronto design job? Research in Motion (the makers of Blackberry) are looking for an experienced user experience designer to join their team in Toronto, Canada. Click through to learn more and apply:
The UX Lead role is the creative lead role on the Portfolio Design team for the area of User Experience.
The successful applicant’s responsibilities will include:
- Managing delivery of UX portfolio design projects (internal and external) and steering the creative direction for next generation BlackBerry products
- Delegation: Assignment of project ownership to team members as appropriate, to achieve an effective work load distribution
- Relationships: Builds and maintains relationships with internal partners and external UX design agencies, in order to deliver projects.
- Presenting and reviewing on-going design work and creative direction with the Director for approval prior to review with Design Leadership Team.
- Champions creative excellence and best practices (workshop culture for example) for forward looking UX design
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree/diploma in interaction design, industrial design or related industries
- 7+ years of applied experience in the field of interaction design in the field of consumer product design for mobile applications or services
- Demonstrated success in creating world-class product design solutions, working within a design process and multi-disciplinary teams
- A key understanding and knowledge of current trends happening within the field of UX
- Leadership experience including mentoring and team management
- Solid understanding of core user interaction principles, ideally as applied to mobile scenarios
- Strong interest in and knowledge of mobile platforms
- Strong storyteller – able to articulate problems, design rationale and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, activities and deliverables while preserving product goals
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design related software required
- A portfolio that demonstrates successful application of design principles
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.