Looking for a senior-level web design job in the mobile communications industry? Citizen Inc., provider of mobile technologies and services, has several job openings for permanent and contract positions in its office in Portland, OR. Click through to learn more and apply:
If you are a major mobile carrier, manufacturer, or OEM, Citizen is who you turn to for world class consulting, design, and development. If you are a Fortune 100 looking to introduce mobile interactions and content to your clients, stakeholders, and consumers, our Portland, Oregon based firm is probably already seated in your boardroom with Macbooks open and flannel sleeves rolled up.
If you want to be on the leading edge of pixel perfect interaction, we are looking for you. We have immediate openings for contract positions, as well as permanent positions in our UX department.
Our ideal candidate for Sr. UX Designer has created intense, comprehensive wireframe documents used by developers to create an app(s) in the Apple and/or Android marketplace. They might have even dabbled with some visual treatments and/or collaborated with the art director and CD on visual strategy. Mobile OEM, carrier, and/or design agency experience is greatly preferred (you’ll understand our pain and our pleasure). In order to be considered, you must, must, must submit wireframes for us to ooh and ahh over.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Design information architectures and user interfaces for mobile applications/products
- Prepare functional design specifications; added bonus for experience in writing carrier specification documents
- Design and implement prototypes, mock ups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, use cases, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams
- Present and sell designs to product groups (clients)
- Understand client needs, and translate them into usable and intuitive user experiences
- Act as a mentor to other team leads and possibly manage external production and design resources
Things we think our ideal candidate will have or do, or maybe not, you never know:
- 5+ years experience in mobile/web interaction design
- Keen eye for design – we’re pretty sure on this one
- Must be an expert in a variety of user research and usability approaches
- Must know how to turn user research and usability feedback into creative and easy to use solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work well in multi-disciplinary groups including technical, business, and customer experience
- Highly skilled in Adobe CS applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Proficiency with Visio and OmniGraffle
- Strong portfolio of proven UX successes – just sayin’…again.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics.
Learn web design from the expert instructors at HOW University. See our rotating schedule of web design training courses, including hands-on training in coding for web designers, designing WordPress websites, information architecture and more.