Looking for a web design job with a marketing firm? Global Thinking, the multi-channel marketing agency, is hiring a user experience designer to work in in its Maryland office. Click through to learn more and apply:
Our business is growing fast, so we are looking for candidates with a wide range of skills who will thrive in a demanding environment. We’re big enough to give you lots of room to grow, but small enough so you’ll have the opportunity to lead projects from day one.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Assist in discovery meetings (including client meetings, kickoff sessions, brand discussions, audience discovery, and stakeholder interviews)
• Collaborate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team in evaluation, conceptualization and ideation sessions while considering technical constraints
• Creating designs for print and digital media
• Conducting user research and user testing
• Incorporate usability principles into designs and testing
• Making major strategic contributions for clients and the company
• Working with a team and independently
• Taking the initiative on personal projects
• 5+ years of post-collegiate work experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar design role for web, mobile or print
• BA, BS, BFA, MFA or equivalent work experience
• Documentation experience including creating sketches, concept models, user requirements, user stories, wireframes, mockups, and site maps
• Experience with WordPress and other CMS software
• Experience with design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle
• Strong working knowledge of cross platform design including mobile devices and browsers
• A great portfolio or samples of your work that demonstrate experience creating great user-centered designs
• Solid oral and written English communication skills
• Familiarity with web standards
• Strong attention to detail and solid organization skills
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Learn web design from the expert instructors at HOW University. See our rotating schedule of web design training courses, including hands-on training in coding for web designers, designing WordPress websites, information architecture and more.