Looking for a web design job where you can make a difference? School Improvement Network provides tools and materials to teachers that help increase learning and improve student achievement. They’re seeking a user experience designer to join their Midvale, UT, office. Click through to learn more and apply:
HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Teacher retention is up 20% in Houston. Student scores in Hawaii are up 30% from the previous year. A recent study shows 422 Title 1 schools (schools with a high concentration of low-achieving students and students living in poverty) outperforming their peers when teachers use our web based software. But the most miraculous things that are happening don’t involve numbers at all. At the end of the day, we are impacting lives!
• Communicative and social – Must be an adept communicator with colleagues and clients, being articulate and persuasive while also thoughtful, considerate and reflective of others’ perspectives
• Assertive – Must not be adverse to expose designs to scrutiny of stakeholders, or to actively listen to feedback with an objective, discerning ear.
• Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy, and approach both tasks and interpersonal relationships with passion
• Continual improvement – Must continually be expanding talents and knowledge, learning new tools and techniques to improve oneself and one’s work products
• Conflict resolution – Must be able to support respectful discussion and accept alternatives or different approaches
• Attitude of empowerment – Must be inclined to act and accept accountability
• Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring and support transparency to the business and grow trust
• Experience with in-depth usability research principals and practices
• Familiarity with Scrum/Agile principals & process, pertaining to iterative software development
• Basic understanding of fundamental software development processes and procedures
• Extensive user experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and mockup tools
• Graphic design and layout, with a pragmatically creative vision
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics.