Looking for a user interface design job in the Midwest? Simantel, a marketing and communications firm on Peoria’s riverfront with a satellite office in St. Louis, is looking for a user interface designer. Click through to learn more and apply:
Simantel is currently seeking a full-time User Experience Designer for our St. Louis office. This position will require freqent travel to our Peoria, Illinois office as well.
The perfect person for this job has a strong understanding of user-centered design concepts and a well-trained aesthetic eye capable of maintaining usability and desirability throughout the entire design process.
The right candidate will effectively be able to:
- Develop a full understanding of user needs through research, usability tests, analysis during all phases of each project.
- Develop research-driven user personas and scenarios to focus project design
- Create research based personas, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and other artifacts to describe and document intended user experiences
- Identify and implement user research and testing strategies to validate proposed design solutions
- Document designs and concepts as detailed project specifications
- Participate in client and internal presentations as needed
- Contribute to client proposals as needed
You must have:
- Bachelors degree in Graphic/Visual Design, Interactive Design, Human Factors,Human-Computer Interaction or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience as interaction designer, experience designer, and/or information architect
- Working knowledge of arange of design tools such as OmniGraffle, Visio, Photoshop, Fireworks, and Illustrator
- Experience conducting user research, usability testing, and other design validation methods
- Experience applying interactive design principles across proliferation of device types such as mobile, touch, and social interactions
- Passion to act as evangelist/advocate for experience design, both inside agency and externally with clients
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.