Looking for an interactive design job in the music business? TuneCore, the digital music distributor that provides music to the iTunes Store, Amazon and Spotify, among others, is hiring a user experience designer to join its product development team. Click through to learn more and apply:
- Identify the needs of the user and understand the market opportunity, to inform and create user interface for new and existing TuneCore products.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Provide thought leadership on usability of new and existing products, and advance initiatives for improving the end-to-end experience.
- Help establish and reinforce consistent interaction design patterns across platforms.
- Work closely with product developers and engineers to deliver the final product.
- Carry user interface design projects through the design and development cycle including user research, testing and analysis, requirement gathering, conceptual design, interaction design and interaction specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years of experience as an UX Designer, participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched web, mobile and/or software applications.
- A portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions in the form of rich Internet applications, websites, problem statements, design rationale, concepts, wireframes, and end products.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles, visual/interaction design and an understanding of current web and mobile platform technologies.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- A drive to study and master new technology and UX trends.
- Manage time effectively and prioritize workload to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work well independently, and as part of a team.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Human Computer interaction or related field, preferred (a plus) not required.
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics. Join us on February 21 for How to Define the User in User Experience with Jose Caballer.