Looking for a web design job in SoCal? Beachbody, the fitness company behind the popular video program P90X and the interestingly named Brazil Butt Lift, is seeking a Senior UX Designer/Information Architect for its Santa Monica, CA, office. Click through to learn more and apply:
The Senior UX Designer/Information Architect at Beachbody is responsible for developing IA documentation (personas, user flows, site maps, transaction flows, sketches, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models, prototypes) to support site strategy, brand strategy, and desired user behaviors. This involves application of user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world-class user experience for a leading fitness and health company.
You will actively collaborate with the Business Leadership, Product Management, Project Management, Strategic Analysis, UX/Information Architects, Business Analysis, User Researchers, Creative, Copy, SEO, and Technology teams. Acting as a thought leader of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles will be crucial to your success here.
About Your Experience:
- Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design to product development
- User centric thought leader, good understanding of brand, online strategy
- Must be process driven, possess strong interaction design skills and show careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute them flawlessly in a highly collaborative environment
- Working understanding of SEO principles
- Demonstrated ability to document work in a very thorough, clean, and concise way using industry standard tools (Omnigraffle, Axure, or similar)
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data via Omniture SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics
- High tolerance for ambiguity and strong desire to design a simple and intuitive user experience.
- Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency preferred, prior experience in UI design for mobile devices a plus
- Candidates should have 3+ years of industry experience as an information architect, interaction designer or experience designer
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Want to make more money as a designer in 2013? Donna Farrugia, executive director at The Creative Group, presents a live design tutorial on October 18; learn more and register. You can also catch Farrugia at the HOW Interactive Design Conference (San Francisco, October 29–31).