Looking to work with one of the hottest digital products on the market? Barnes & Noble is hiring a UX Producer to collaborate with its Nook team. Click through to learn more and apply:
The UX Producer is liaison between the User Experience Design team and Product Management and Engineering teams. They clearly understand the importance of design, will advocate for the design, and push for designs to be implemented to the original intent of the design. The Producer can determine when trade-offs compromise the original intent and alert the designers as well as bring together appropriate stakeholders to ensure problems are resolved quickly.
- Work with the design team to scope work and deliverables—own scope change management as requirements or requests change
- Manage daily tasks based on direction from the Director of UX
- Participate in project planning and provide project status reporting
- Ensure design documentation and assets are delivered on-time
- Collect and prioritize requests for deliverables
- Interface with Product Managers and Developers (in conjunction with Director of UX/Design Leads) to define scope and ensure implementation aligns with design goals
- Raise flags when there are scoping, design quality, or resourcing issues and arrange and facilitate meetings to resolve issues in an expeditious manner
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5–10+ years in the mobile industry
- Design degree a PLUS
- Have shipped products before
- Industry and product knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks/projects
- Must work effectively with a wide variety of team members and roles
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Product evaluation and QA skills
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Learn to create design that works across all platforms—from desktop to tablet to mobile—at the HOW Interactive Design Conference (San Francisco, October 29–31).