Looking for a Bay Area design job? @WalmartLabs, a division of the mega-retailer, needs a visual designer on a contract basis in San Bruno, CA, just south of San Francisco. Click through to learn more and apply:
Do you want to help reinvent the next generation of ecommerce and have an impact on hundreds of millions of users?
The Social Platform @WalmartLabs is looking for an all- around rock star Visual Designer to join our team. In the Social Platform team we believe that social interactions between shoppers will be central to the shopping process. Sharing and following information around products on e-commerce sites as well as using existing social networks will help shoppers make better decisions.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of outstanding conceptual design, interaction design, information architecture, and visual design skills. Solid front-end development skills in HTML, CSS and jQuery are a plus. A strong portfolio that demonstrates creative problem solving solutions and an ability to deliver simple, elegant, engaging, and empowering user experiences is required.
- Help reinvent the next generation of ecommerce through information sharing by leveraging social networks
- Work with a world-class team of engineers and product visionaries to create beautiful, eye-catching, and usable experiences
- Combine new ideas and feedback to continually reinvent the concept of “best user experience” for @WalmartLabs products and experiences
- Be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of industry experience with consumer-facing web sites, applying user-centered design principles
- Solid academic background in human-computer interaction or related field
- Ability to apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints into an engaging user experience
- Experience with the entire product design cycle, from wireframes, to mockups, to prototypes, to final CSS/HTML
- Strong, clean, innovative, visual design sense
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- An online portfolio to view is required
This is initially a contract position, but would ideally lead to a full time hire if there proves to be a mutual fit. Compensation is highly competitive.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.