Looking for a New York design job? Sawyer Studios, an advertising agency that focuses on the indie film and TV industries, is looking for an entertainment designer to work on web and print projects. Click through to learn more and apply:
You will be working on creative for clients including HBO, IFC, Magnolia Pictures, Samuel Goldwyn Films, Tribeca Film and PBS. You will be expected to originate designs and adapt existing design work as well with an emphasis on websites, posters, web advertising and print advertising. We are a very hands-on environment so you must be comfortable with high resolution finishing and hands-on production and coding work as part of your everyday responsibilities. You should be an all around designer who is happy to get involved in the technical and finishing aspects of your projects.
- Strong typography and conceptual skills
- Web/motion/interactive skills beyond flat web design are essential
- Flair for innovative type and creative problem-solving under extremely tight deadlines
- Happy to do production work
- Heavy image manipulation and hi-res retouching
- strong knowledge of web and print production and programming realities
- Websites, interactive/motion, especially WordPress, HTML, PHP and Flash
- Poster key art, color and B&W print advertising
- Proven portfolio compositing multiple images into an aesthetic unified and modern look
- Ability to adapt to many different graphic styles — no “one trick ponies” please
- Ideally, entertainment experience
Please note that designers without interactive skills will not be interviewed for this position. We do not have a separate coding/programming department so you must be prepared to design as well as code.
- WordPress/CMS development/themes: at least some exposure
- PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator: expert/mentor level
- Flash and Dreamweaver: intermediate to expert level including coding (not just storyboards)
- AfterEffects would be great
- You will not have a development team to hand work off to, so you will be required to code as well as design
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.