Looking for a web design job in the retail industry? Claire’s Stores, which operates Claire’s Boutiques in malls across the country, is seeking a web designer to join its team in the Chicago area. Click through to learn more and apply:
Responsible for a variety of eCommerce related design projects, including website design, web banners, email and promo design, interface design, creation of custom graphics and style guides.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Concept and design all aspects of eCommerce websites including banners, promos, features and user experience
- Create and maintain visual design standards, such as interface design, typography, buttons, promotion and overall site look and feel
- Collaborate with copywriters to concept email advertising and other promotions
- Direct in house product photoshoots and retouch images
- Translate wireframes into finished designs with a focus on user experience
- And more
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or equivalent professional art degree
- 5 years web and graphic design experience
- Portfolio that displays an understanding of user centered design
- Familiarity with eCommerce web design
- Strong conceptual design skills and sense of style
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Some Dreamweaver and Flash preferred.
- HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Want to grow your web design career? Build your skills and knowledge of interaction design with our superior library of web design books. Visit MyDesignShop.com for new releases and discounts.