Looking for a web design job in, um, chocolate? Hershey Entertainment & Resorts in Hershey, PA, is hiring a web designer to handle digital projects with a print project or two from time to time. Click through to learn more and apply:
This position will be responsible for a full range of design services, from production graphics and banners, to micro sites and full website designs. This person will focus mainly on web/interactive-based design but will also contribute to Print media projects as needed. They must also must have a strong sense of design and composition, an understanding of branding, and be a designer, first and foremost. This person must work well in a collaborative environment, possessing the ability and personality to take and give direction to other designers.
Job Functions (*essential functions of this position):
- Design a full range of products for web and interactive projects.*
- Provide creative solutions for marketing campaigns as part of a team effort.*
- Assist with print team design needs if necessary.
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Arts/Design or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience in graphic design. A total of (5) years of work experience can be substituted if education requirement is not met.
- High proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Fireworks, Photoshop, & Illustrator).
- Ability to work within Dreamweaver (including templates) and be familiar working in the Mac environment.
- Knowledgeable of CSS and the best practices for email and online uses. Must also be skilled to hardcode CSS & HTML while being proficient at creating tableless designs.
- Experienced with User Interface design for web application as well as working knowledge of cross platform web development using W3C standards (CSS, HTML).
- Knowledgeable of usability standards, information architecture best practices, and optimization techniques.
- Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to take ownership of your projects.
- Must be well organized, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be able to to accept and respond to feedback and have excellent communication skills.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics.