Looking for a New Jersey design job? Princeton University is hiring a web designer to work on university websites and projects in its Web Development Services department. Click through to learn more and apply:
- Design creative, highly usable, and responsive CMS-driven websites based on customer’s needs.
- Collaborate closely with customers; carefully evaluate the broad schemas as well as understated cues
- Engage in out-of-the-box thinking with customers to generate ideas that will best capture the desired visual and content elements.
- Create content strategies that form the foundation of each interactive web design and that effectively communicate the content and ideas put forward by the customer.
- Critically analyze customer input; translate ideas, concepts, and content into a user-centered model and build effective, stimulating site information architectures that will provide high value-of-service to the customer.
- Present concepts to team members, create low fidelity wireframes, and produce mockups.
- Implement high quality, innovative designs, while partnering with the group’s web developers, and testing sites across browsers.
- Optimize designs for usability and browser/device compatibility.
- An extensive, creative online portfolio, preferably including pre-production work, displaying user-centered design.
- Demonstrated track record of being an innovative, creative thinker.
- Very strong, demonstrated design foundation with expertise in grid based design, web typography, white space, balance, and color harmony.
- Demonstrated expertise in CSS and HTML (including fluency with hand coding).
- Demonstrated knowledge of user experience and UI best practices.
- Fluency with design software including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues.
- Demonstrated experience working with a content management system.
- Experience with front-end web development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques.
- A minimum of three years web design experience.
- Professional experience in Higher Education.
- Experience with content management system theming in Drupal and WordPress.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.