Looking for a Virginia design job? Red Chalk Studios in Virginia Beach is looking for a web designer. Click through to learn more and apply:
We are looking for our next web design rock star. We need someone capable of concepting, designing and building kick-ass websites for a wide range of clients and industries. You need to be capable of interacting well with clients and other team members. You will be responsible for managing your client relations for projects that are typically long-term and multi-faceted.
In addition, your awesome design skills will be put to use managing digital ad campaigns and potentially some print jobs. After all, you’re a designer first and foremost.
You’ll have to work well in an open environment — but we’re all very friendly, fun and for the most part, don’t bite.
Skills & Experience Requirements
- minimum of two years of experience as a graphic/web designer
- design experience in concepting and designing websites with exceptional graphic design skills in layout, composition, typography and color theory
- expert knowledge in building HTML sites with comprehensive CSS skills (JS, jQuery and PHP knowledge a bonus)
- expert knowledge using Dreamweaver, WordPress, Photoshop and Illustrator (at a minimum) with knowledge of InDesign
- strong understanding of SEO practices (plus)
- creative and innovative thinker who can handle multiple projects throughout all phases of execution
- four-year degree or equivalent experience making head-turning, jealousy-inducing work
- highly conceptual
- highly motivated with strong self-management abilities
- ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- strong communication skills
- excellent attention to detail
- team player
- capable of working on a Mac
- able to perform basic computer trouble shootingnon-smoker
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.