Looking for a web design job in California? Mortgage banking leader Ellie Mae is hiring a veteran interaction designer for its office in Pleasanton, CA; the company would consider a telecommuting arrangement for the ideal candidate. Click through to learn more and apply:
Ellie Mae is looking for a top-notch senior interaction designer to help us deliver a user experience that is unparalleled among business applications. If you share our passion for simplicity and conviction that business applications should be strikingly better than what has been the convention, this may be the place for you.
- Work in cross-functional teams, especially with Engineering and Product Marketing, to plan, prioritize, and deliver information architecture, information design, visual design/page layouts, tools, services and applications to support the complete cohesive user experience. Creatively apply the best user interface design ideas of the consumer web to business applications
- Leverage modern web technologies to define innovative user interfaces and interaction models that result in improved user productivity and operational efficiency.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to communicate design strategy and rationale.
- Make understanding end user requirements a constant priority.
- Educate internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction and visual designs, usability and supporting technologies.
- 8+ years of experience in design complex enterprise level desktop and web applications. Created seamless and consistent user experiences.
- Track record of developing and delivering successful, intuitive, and compelling designs which contribute toward market leadership.
- Strong knowledge of the product life cycle required to ensure consistently great user experience in a series of software products.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to successfully develop and deliver shipping products.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Want to make more money as a designer in 2013? Donna Farrugia, executive director at The Creative Group, presents a live design tutorial on October 18; learn more and register. You can also catch Farrugia at the HOW Interactive Design Conference (San Francisco, October 29–31).