Looking for a web design job in the Bay Area? CompareNetworks, which develops apps and websites for doctors and other health science professionals, is seeking a user interface designer for its office in South San Francisco. Click through to learn more and apply:
- Create simple, elegant user interfaces that represent complex technical information.
- Produce standard, effective design templates that can be skinned across different contextual implementations.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable.
- Provide high fidelity, pixel perfect comps of interfaces, marketing materials, apps, etc.
- Work with product and executive management to ensure that business and user requirements are met and improved upon.
- Bachelors degree in Design, User Interface or relevant experience
- 2+ years of designing user focused websites and mobile applications with a portfolio of examples
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self starter with a proven track record of getting things done
- Some experience with front end programming (you should be able to code a simple website or app).
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’).
- A passion for the web and mobile applications and a desire to make any product world-class.
- A solid understanding of user centered design principles with the ability to address complex problems and provide sound design solutions.
- Strong skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, TextMate, OmniGraffle/Visio, etc.
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics. Coming up on December 6: 7 Basic Web Design Components That Are Often Overlooked.