Looking for a web design job in Austin, TX? (And who isn’t?) Mutual Mobile, the developer of mobile and software solutions for such clients as Cisco, Audi and Google, is hiring a lead user experience designer. Click through to learn more and apply:
For us, a UX Lead is someone who has vision and leadership. You work well with engineers and account teams, and you can lead a design team to create their best work while keeping a constant focus on the user. Reporting to the Experience Director, you will work across one or more projects on a cross-functional team.
- Defining projects in terms of scopes, schedules, and road maps together with Engagement Directors, Project Managers, and Creative Directors.
- Guiding a team from the initial Discovery phase, through research, idea conception, design, user testing, and deployment
- Promoting strong standards for usability and user-centered design, with an understanding of the rules and when to break them
- Handling aspects of user testing to promote the most seamless experiences possible for mobile
- and more …
- 5+ years crafting complex interfaces, software applications, and large-scale websites
- 2 years experience at top digital agency in a User Experience leadership role
- BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree preferred
- Agile and Lean UX experience preferred
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to create the best work of their career
- Knowledge of usability heuristics, HCI literature, and best practice user experience for mobile and touch applications
- Expert level knowledge of relevant industry tools and software
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Stuck in a career rut? Looking to shift from print to web design? Needing a big dose of creative inspiration? 6 Ways Designers Can Avoid Burnout and Embrace Change on March 27 with Melissa Morris Ivone.
Want to develop your web design career? Get the information and inspiration you need at the 2013 HOW Design Conference, where a dedicated Interactive Design track will help you transition from print to web design.