Looking for a web design job in the music industry? Pitchfork, the essential guide to independent music and host of two international music festivals, is hiring a web designer to join its team in Chicago. Click through to learn more and apply:
- Manage multiple projects from concept through execution.
- Formulate and present a wide variety of design concepts to the entire team.
- Ideate, design and produce UI elements, wireframes, revisions to current designs, banner ads, presentation materials, logos, storyboards, posters, signage, merchandise and more according to set deadlines and standards.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3 years of professional web design experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent within a creative-related field
- A strong portfolio and an elevated sense of layout, form, color and typography
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong experience with image compression, file correction and optimization techniques
- Basic understanding of web development, HTML & CSS + various languages, and a desire for continued learning with respect to coding
- UI and UX experience is necessary
- Basic knowledge of After Effects is a huge plus
- A diverse set of illustration capabilities and an interest in photography would also be helpful
- An ever-learning attitude (meaning if you don’t know how to do something, you’ll have the drive to learn as you go and won’t be uncomfortable asking questions along the way)
- Doesn’t take constructive criticism personally
- Self-directed toward excellent work outcomes
- An understanding of brand identity and the tasks that are necessary to execute a drawn-out and iterative process with extensive deliverables
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
- Articulate presentation skills and an extreme attention to detail
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics. Coming up on December 6: 7 Basic Web Design Components That Are Often Overlooked.