Looking for a New York City web design job? Meetup, a site that helps people meet up and talk about just about anything, is looking for product designers to help create a great user experience. Click through to learn more and apply:
Meetup is seeking creative Product Designers who have a passion for crafting simple, well-designed and fun user experiences that go beyond traditional web-based application and site design. You will report to the Director of Product and will work closely with teams to build new experiences and ensure that existing experiences are consistent and of high quality.
You’re a problem solver and your designs reflect your ability to be an strong advocate for end users. You are excited by the opportunity to contribute to building the next generation of online experiences that will help millions of people discover, spark and get involved in local, real-world communities.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong portfolio showcasing skills in core design and UX principles
- 1-3 years experience working in a design capacity at a consumer-facing web company (social networking and fast-paced, start-up environment preferred)
- Passion for designing social web experiences that delight and engage end users
- Solid understanding of layout, typography, color and other design principles
- Holistic approach to web design that takes user flows, goals and page states into account
- Strong attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over the quality of the product
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Fireworks and Photoshop and an ability to quickly develop and iterate designs based on feedback and goals
Our team is smart, ambitious, and passionate; the environment is relaxed and a lot of fun despite regular, tight deadlines. We are focused on quick, quality completion of projects and excited by what we do. We are looking for someone who is smart, collaborative, creative, and can get things done to a high quality and on tight deadlines.
Every member of the Meetup Team is expected to: be an Innovator; be a Collaborator; be a Champion for their ideas; be an Expert; have High Standards; be dedicated to the power of self-organized groups and our mission of A Meetup Everywhere About Most Everything (“MEME”); and most importantly, Get Stuff Done That Makes a Difference!
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.