Seeking a Boston-area web design job? TripAdvisor, a worldwide travel review website, is looking for a senior designer to work in Newton, MA. Click through to learn more and apply:
In this role the ideal candidate will help to create and define brilliant interfaces and user experiences for our massive, multinational online community. You’ll also work closely with our creative team, product team and business managers to conceive, articulate, create and maintain marketing content in print, web, digital communication and branded environments. …
Experience with global branding and localization is helpful for this role, as all design work will later need to be customized to reflect the different audiences throughout TripAdvisor’s international points of sale. Knowledge, if not fluency, of another language is a plus, but not required.
What You’ll Do:
- Create online and offline marketing collateral, maintaining and evolving consistent and superior design standards. The scope of work includes production of the following for multiple products in international markets:
- E-mail: sales, newsletters, invitations, etc.
- Direct mail
- Web and interface design
- Online and offline advertisements
- Events materials
- Quality control and enforcing brand/identity style guide.
- Create user task flows and wireframes that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience.
- Manage freelance/supplier resources, as appropriate.
- Mentor junior designer(s) and explore new and unique ways of solving business challenges.
- Serve as a vocal advocate for the importance and value of effective visual design.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent user interfaces, taking into consideration cultural differences and language translations.
- Understand business context and goals for creative efforts.
- As the team is based in the US and London, travel to the UK on an occasional basis will be required.
What We Seek:
- 7-10 years relevant prior work experience.
- Education: design degree required (graphic design preferred).
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; Flash is a plus, but not required.
- Must have a working knowledge of HTML and web design principles.
- Rock solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, composition, layout, color, and a pixel-level attention to detail. You have an appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
- Interactive experience working with large consumer brands and associated online marketing campaigns.
- Thorough understanding of overall web site design, including basic usability, industry standards, architecture and navigation.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and a “go-get ‘em” attitude.
- Comfortable working in very fast-paced environments and communicating across time zones.
- Must be able to iterate and sketch out ideas quickly.
- Sense of humor essential.
- Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door approach to design. No design divas here, please!
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.