Looking for a California design job? Online video service Hulu is looking for an interactive designer to join its marketing and advertising teams. The listing only specifies California as the location, but Hulu’s headquarters is in Los Angeles. Click through to learn more and apply:
This is an opportunity to help shape the way people see Hulu. In this role, you will be designing web pages, advertising promotions, and other marketing and promotional materials that will help our customers better understand our brand and offerings. A refined design aesthetic and ability to simplify will be key as you work with marketing managers to understand our communication goals and translate our message into visually compelling and effective designs. This job will require you to be highly organized, collaborative, and an expert with the latest design software. You’ll be a great fit if you can maintain a keen eye for design details while juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced, chaotic environment with intense, demanding, but fun-loving co-workers.
- Work with Hulu Marketing team to define goals and tailor the message
- Create multiple iterations of wireframes, sketches and hi-fidelity visual mockups
- Collaborate with other designers at Hulu to achieve a consistent visual brand experience
- Analyze the competitive landscape
- Use intuition and best practices to create the best user experience
- Compelling aesthetic sensibilities and general understanding of layout, typography and design principles
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator from the current Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven experience designing for the web. Mobile device design experience a plus
- Understanding of web technologies and the ability to anticipate the needs of developers in creating and cutting production-ready assets
- Good communication skills and ability to explain one’s visual design decisions
- Experience prototyping visual experiences using motion is a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design/user interface/web development or a related field required
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
Make 2012 the year you assemble your “dream team.” Post your job listing on HOWdesign.com.